The test represents an ultrasonic diagnostic method for the visualization of the heart muscle under physical stress.
During a stress echo test the patient is exposed to controlled physical stress (the use of an ergocycle or a pharmacological agent (a medication) dopamine (pharmacological stress echocardiogram)) that induces myocardial ischemia or in other words, reduces oxygen supply to the heart muscle with constant monitoring of the heart frequency, artery blood pressure, and echocardiographic record.
In the presence of an arteriosclerotic disease, ischemia manifests as changes in the way the heart (heart walls) works. These changes are visible echocardiographically.
This test is proven to be valuable and more valid than the classic exercise test, which respresents the first step in detection of a possible coronary disease. In situations where an exercise test provides insufficiently clear information or where ECG changes prevent an adequate interpretation of the results, an stress echo test is used.
To schedule an appointment contact the Marketing Department (+381 18 502 211, firstname.lastname@example.org). If the patient is already in the institute for treatment and rehabilitation, he/her will have a test scheduled by one of the medical staff.
Bring the following items to the appointment:
- A valid identification(passport, ID);
- Previous medical documentation
- The medications the patient takes as his/hers current therapy and the documentation
- Form INO-1 (foreign citizens who reside temporarily in Serbia)
The diagnostic method is charged according to the valid price list of the Institute.
Make sure to check for 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment.
- Do not take these beta blockers on the day of the test
- Karvedilo – Dilatrend, Karvileks, Milenol, Coryol
- Metoprolol – Presolol, Metoprolol XL, Corvitol, Bloxasoc, Implicor
- Bisoprolol – Concor, Tensec, Biprez, Byol , Bisprol, Lybrol, Sobycor, Prestilol, Lodoz
- Nebivolol – Nebilet, Nevotens, Barios, Binevol, Nebigal, N ebitol
- Atenolol – Prinorm, Panapres
- Sotalol – Darob Mite
- Take your medications on the day of the test
- Avoid hard physical labour 24 hour before the test, and spend the night before sleeping and resting
- Do not eat (except diabetics), take coffee, tea, alcohol, or smoke three hours before the test.
- Be sure to bathe before the test
- Do not wear slippers, sandals, or shoes with high heels
- Do not wear dresses or skirts – wear pants or sweatpants if possible
Turn of your mobile phone before the test.
The findings are issued immediately after the test.
Information: +381 18 502260 (diagnostics front desk).