The Orthopedics department has 40 beds for inpatients.
The Orthopaedics department has a modern operating theater at its disposal where following surgical procedures are performed:
- Cemented, cement less, and hybrid hip replacement
- Surgery for rheumatic diseases
- Corrective orthopedic surgeryије;
- Minimally invasive surgery – knee arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic synovectomy (minimally invasive)
The surgical hall is equipped with:
- a modern arthroscope for minimally invasive procedures with a shaver and an arthropump
- modern pneumatic power tools for bone surgery
- a modern autoclave for standard and rapid sterilization
- a modern a dry-heat sterilizer
- a Fabius anesthesia machine
- a Gamma vital signs monitor
- a defibrillator;
- a Vamos anesthetic concentration monitor
- a neurostimulator for regional anesthesia
- infusion pumps for precise dosing of drugs.
For surgery the operators have general, spinal, peridural anesthesia and peripheral nerve block at its disposal .
More often than not patients suffer from many other diseases or disorders (heart, kidney, lung, endocrine, etc.) beside their basic disease that is surgically treated. For the preparation of such patients the Institute offers a modern laboratory, complete non-invasive cardiology diagnostics, MRI, other latest diagnostic procedures, and consultative or council examinations by doctors of all specialties.
The Rehabilitation department represents a special convenience for patients. It means that they get a complete treatment from diagnostics through meticulous preoperative preparation to quality surgery and rehabilitation and all that in one place.
Orthopedics has a unit for treatment of benign chronic pain.